Apply for this job on ConstructionJobs
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer who is interested in advancing your career while working for a firm that is a technology leader in its industry? If so, Parsons has an opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Mechanical Engineer. Take the first step toward joining a winning team by applying today!
- Provides complete engineering expertise, logistics engineering, and Product Support Analysis (PSA) for Army weapon systems.
- Analyzes and documents weapons systems engineering and operations to develop operations and maintenance procedures.
- Prepares, reviews and submits logistical source data input to system technical manuals (TM), system depot manuals, performs maintenance task analysis (MTA), performs Logistics Support Analysis (LSA), supports user tests and logistics demonstrations and TM validation and verification efforts.
- Performs level of repair analysis (LORA) and uses system lifecycle planning tools such as COMPASS and Power LOG-J. The candidate will apply systems and mechanical engineering principles to provide supportability analysis, assessment of system chances, to perform LSA, engineering changes, TM updates, and logistics documentation updates.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Logistics, or similar education and experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- U.S. citizenship required
- Familiarity with Army combat weapon systems
- 8+ years experience as an engineering supporting the design, development and test of an Army systems
- 8+ years providing lifecycle logistics support for DoD systems and acquisition programs
- Experience with LMI/LSAR data table population
- Experience with MIL-STD-1388-1A/2B, MIL-HDBK-502, and MIL-PRF-49506.
- 8+ years progressive experience in ILS support and analysis using Army logistics tools such as COMPASS and Power LOG-J
- Experience developing operational and maintenance procedures for technical manuals and documentation, support logistics demonstrations and manual V&V tasks
- Experience using 2D and 3D graphics programs such as AutoCad
- Possesses strong analytical skills, problem-solving, coordination skills, and excellent verbal and written communications