Construction Site Supervisor- Highwater Capital Group (New York, NY)
Find the original posting here: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/highwater-capital-group-802a3266/construction-site-supervisor-e90255c8?tsid=122001595&enc_campaign_id=e5c5742c
Site Super with strong technical skills who can support the job and PM with expert advice about execution of all trades. Must be able to communicate with clients, as well workers. All site related coordination and scheduling.
ESSENTIAL ROLES And RESPONSIBILITIES
- Careful review plans and specifications and comment
- Review Contract and comment
- Assist in bidding process
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Identify long lead time items, order materials, protect site, layout, provide take-offs
- Overseeing Subcontractors
- Creation and enforcement of project schedules to facilitate on-time completion
- Coordination of Architects and Engineers
- Maintain strong working relationships with all professional groups (Architects, Engineers, Clients, and Subcontractors)
- Coordinate sign-offs and inspections, make sure all project participants are on the same page and aware of the project status and responsibilities
- Review Maintenance of building during construction
- Develop Internal RFI/questions
- Process change orders
- Schedule crew and subs, review subs P.O.’s
- Receive and review subcontractors Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- Maintain daily work logs and sign in/out sheets and verify that workers have the necessary union affiliations and safety training.
- Supervise daily project activities including but not limited to supervision of laborers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Assist Project Manager in reviewing and approving the Subcontractor’s monthly requests for payment.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with subcontractors and prepare meeting minutes.
- Hold weekly toolbox and safety meetings
- Review Shop Drawings and schedules, take and submit meeting minutes, suggest agenda items
- Review site and project plan with PM, prepare job status report
- Plan and review construction Program with Project Manager including quality control procedures, work scheduling, safety and security practices.
- Ensure that all required permits or licenses have been obtained
- Must have knowledge of construction safety practices, codes and related issues
- Provide leadership to Site Staff and Trades
- Read and completely understand Construction Docs/Specifications in their entirety
- Manage Day-to-Day and weekly Site Labor/Trades work
- Assist in coordination of job schedule and creating sub-contractor schedules to ensure job is completed on-time and within budget
- Paperwork management to keep submittal, drawings, and other pertinent project information in order
- Prepare and keep daily reports / upload job site photographs in the computer software program documenting each day’s activities
- Generate 2 week look ahead according to the Construction Schedule and maintaining of deadlines/milestones. Important as it may indicate potential delays of project.
- Keep Record of Daily Site Labor/Trade, Hours on site and task completion
- Receive and inventory deliveries (Submit Bills of Lading to PM’s/APM’s)
- Ensure that short term project delivery/completion dates are maintained. If not then communicate with PM/APM as to why expected dates are not being met
- Coordinate and communicate between trades/subcontractors to alleviate conflicts
- Maintain site safety/ perform weekly toolbox talks in regards to safe working habits
- Perform Quality Control on workmanship/materials/equipment
- Ensure proper site housekeeping/organization is maintained
- Ensure equipment/materials/fixtures are properly and securely stored to avoid damage, loss and theft
- Generate/Receive emails with PM’s/APM’s/Trades/Subcontractors/Suppliers
- Review and Approve all Trade Work Tickets if changes occur on site
- Generate material lists for ordering for site labor in a timely fashion and prior to actually needing on-site to perform work.
- Generate incident reports, if accident occurs and notify partners immediately
Education, Experience And Skills Required
Five (5)+ years industry experience (Commercial & Residential)
Must be hands on manager with excellent people skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of industry and OSHA safety requirements
Able to read blueprints
Daily Reports, weekly, project meetings
Subcontractor day to day monitoring
Submittal process, RFI process
Skilled in multi-trade understandings
Excellent Computer Skills, MS Office suite of products, Dropbox, Adobe, etc.
Successful completion of in-house training
Able to work at a desk when necessary as well as strap on a tool belt when required
Superintendent: 10 years (Required)
Construction: 10 years (Required)
4 Hour Scaffold (Preferred)
30 Hour OSHA (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
Please provide cover letter, resume, and desired salary.
Highwater Capital Group is a fully-integrated real estate acquisition, development, investment, and management company based in Greater New York City. Our expertise spans the full spectrum of real estate activities, including acquisition, development, property and asset management, and construction. Highwater Capital Group’s mission is to create and identify opportunities to build value, with projects spanning the full gamut of residential, commercial and mixed-use entities. By operating as a fully-integrated company, our team is able to evaluate, adapt to, and capture market opportunities.