Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, construction management and inspection and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. Established in 1971, JMT has a 49-year history of providing the highest quality services to its clients resulting in tremendous growth in the NYC metropolitan region. This growth has created the demand for JMT to seek outstanding talent to join its Team to help meet this demand.
JMT is seeking a Construction Project Manager to support the New York City office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Providing construction project oversite using knowledge of general engineering and construction principles
- Executing assignments as necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives defined by the client
- Ensuring work is performed and completed in strict accordance with the contract documents
- Acting as a technical advisor to the Owner and other team members
- Teaching and mentoring less experienced engineers and other team members
- Delivering assigned projects including: scope, schedule and budget
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic. Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, architectural or a related field from an accredited engineering, construction management or architectural program
- 5+ years of experience in a construction related discipline
Work is performed in both an office and field (construction) environment. Office to field time is approximately 25% to 75% respectively. Field work requires climbing, walking and standing at a construction site and may be outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required.
- Analytical Thinking
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Results Oriented
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Quality Service