Company: Urban Engineers, Inc.
Find the job listing here: http://urbanengineersinc.ourcareerpages.com//JobView.aspx?id=477782
The Construction Manager will perform on-site construction management services for Aviation and Facility projects in NYC. Candidate will perform day to day management of construction inspection and office engineering staff. The work includes serving in a prominent role on the Delta Airfield Reconfiguration Project that is being executed under a Tenant Alteration Agreement to the PANYNJ for delivery of the project. The candidate will serve as a project liaison to the LGA Program Manager and other ongoing major aviation projects. .
Assistant Construction Manager Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing the office engineering functions on a given project, including correspondence, submittals, logs, change orders and other documents as required
• Provide quality control and assurance services for our clients in a lead field role on construction projects
• Responsible for supervising a field inspection staff to document the contractor’s progress and compliance with contract documents
• Maintain continuing liaison with new and perspective client managers during the construction project
• Be involved in the administration, accounting and invoicing of the project with the home office, and the client, including client payment
• Maintain certifications of the individual and staff to satisfy the needs of our clients
• Work with the Construction Manager and client Project Managers in the management of the project
• Attend and supervise meetings with LGA Management, Delta and other PANYNJ Disciplines.
• Assist in the hiring and training off staff to support the client’s needs
• Involvement in professional organizations
• Perform other professional duties related to engineering work as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field is required
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in construction management, inspection and engineering; preferably on complex aviation transportation, infrastructure, facilities and or roadway projects.
• Candidate must have leadership qualities and be capable of supervising construction inspection and office engineering staff.
• A New York PE or RA license is preferred.
• Ability to pass OSHA 30 is necessary
• Rigorous background checks are required to access air side properties along with a valid driver’s license
• Excellent verbal and written skills