Company: Urban Engineers, Inc.
Find the job listing here: http://urbanengineersinc.ourcareerpages.com//JobView.aspx?id=477782
The Construction Manager will perform on-site construction management services for Aviation and Facility projects in NYC. Candidate will perform day to day management of construction inspection and office engineering staff. The work includes serving in a prominent role on the Delta Airfield Reconfiguration Project that is being executed under a Tenant Alteration Agreement to the PANYNJ for delivery of the project. The candidate will serve as a project liaison to the LGA Program Manager and other ongoing major aviation projects. .
Assistant Construction Manager Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing the office engineering functions on a given project, including correspondence, submittals, logs, change orders and other documents as required
• Provide quality control and assurance services for our clients in a lead field role on construction projects
• Responsible for supervising a field inspection staff to document the contractor’s progress and compliance with contract documents
• Maintain continuing liaison with new and perspective client managers during the construction project
• Be involved in the administration, accounting and invoicing of the project with the home office, and the client, including client payment
• Maintain certifications of the individual and staff to satisfy the needs of our clients
• Work with the Construction Manager and client Project Managers in the management of the project
• Attend and supervise meetings with LGA Management, Delta and other PANYNJ Disciplines.
• Assist in the hiring and training off staff to support the client’s needs
• Involvement in professional organizations
• Perform other professional duties related to engineering work as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field is required
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in construction management, inspection and engineering; preferably on complex aviation transportation, infrastructure, facilities and or roadway projects.
• Candidate must have leadership qualities and be capable of supervising construction inspection and office engineering staff.
• A New York PE or RA license is preferred.
• Ability to pass OSHA 30 is necessary
• Rigorous background checks are required to access air side properties along with a valid driver’s license
• Excellent verbal and written skills
Please be patient after posting, because your article must be reviewd by one of our editors.
Please complete the details below and we'll be in contact as soon as possible.