Construction Laborer- Murchison Group Limited (Chatham, NJ)
Only Apply if you have previous Construction industry experience and reliable transportation.
Special skills, such as carpentry or landscaping are valued.
We offer a consistent work schedule and competitive pay. The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely. Additionally, you will be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure project security.
- Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools of all types: cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments as directed by management.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Clean and maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs – Load and unload construction supplies from trucks manually and navigate construction job site terrain.
- Report incidents immediately in accordance with incident reporting procedures established by the company.
- Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
- Dig pits/trenches and back-fill when necessary; shovel materials to and from construction areas, including asphalt and dirt in preparation for job site construction.
- Job Skills & Qualifications
- One or more years of experience in construction
- Ability to lift heavy equipment
- Excellent stamina
A young company offering a variety of work (not the same thing every day);
Project completion Bonus (2 weeks pay)
Paid vacation time each year (1 week increasing to 4 weeks based on time with our company)