Construction Inspector- Evolvinc (New York, NY)
Our company develops engineering solutions for a variety of water, wastewater, water reuse, and solid waste challenges. We work to improve public health, safety, and welfare.
Our employees collaborate with both public and private clients to create better urban environments globally. We are currently seeking a Construction Inspector to work on a NTC Department of Design and Construction water main project in Manhattan.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Interpret plans and specs.
- Prepare daily field reports summarizing construction progress and measuring payment quantities.
- Prepare test reports (accident reports, etc.).
- Inspect water main and trunk main installation, utility relocation, and roadway restoration.
- Conduct concrete testing adhering to ACI procedures.
- Review work site safety and adherence to approved traffic control plans.
- Resolve construction conflicts and develop solutions.
- Ensure work is compliant with contract documents.
- Perform on site inspections and prepare punch list for remaining tasks.
- Report to the CE&M Manager.
- 2+ years of inspector experience for safety and traffic control projects.
- Bachelor’™s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with an EIT (less than 5 years).
- Previous water main experience.
- ACI Concrete Field Technician.
- DDC experience, a plus!
- Qualified ASCE Grade III or NICET Grade II, a plus!
- OSHA 10 hr Construction Safety Awareness Training, preferred.
- DDC water main training, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.